- Written by Charles Wenzler
Blast the doors of fantasy wide open! Imagine a world not too unlike Earth set in the Gothic Era, now throw in magic and envision the world experiencing an arcane renaissance. Technomagical devices replicate some modern technology and basic governmental strictures within some lands make it mandatory to provide an education to the masses. Among the topics of things taught is arcane theory; those which can wrap their minds around it can benefit from the use of cantrips by selecting a feat that allows it. The civilized lands is just one part of the world though.
Vast tracks of wilderness remain unspoiled and steaming jungles and forests can be found aplenty. The wilderness teems with life, not just sentient life that lives in harmony with nature, but also primordial life; serpents, scalykind and triassic terrors. This world has not suffered from any extinction level events and these life forms have been evolving for millennia. There are many sentient reptilian races that have evolved from prehistoric life forms. There was once a grand empire that spanned the known world that fell into decadency and in its wake lies ruins ripe for plundering and trepidations best not trifled with.
The civilized world and the primordial lands are in an ever constant battle to remain dominant.
Within this section you will find the following;
- Dwarves, Elves & Humans re-imagined, plus seven new racial options.
- An overview of the character classes; there are some new classes and a few changes to existing classes.
- Faith & Fervor; A look at the deities and what they stand for and a smattering of new domains.
- A vast array of new equipment, weapons & armor.
- More feats and spells than you can shake a stick at.
- A gazetteer full of fluff and crunch and various adventuring locales detailed.
- An overview of the cosmos and extraplanar locales.